Great opportunity | SaddleSpan Structure Crew | Recruiting Now for 2018 season
Supplying the finest structures to some of the UK’s leading events requires a first class rigging crew! We are currently recruiting new members for our event structure crew for an exciting 2018 season on tour.
Successful candidates will ideally have had previous experience with temporary structures. A telehandler, cherry picker or HGV license would be a distinct advantage. Training in installing SaddleSpan structures will be provided.
Availability over the Summer months is vital, although we will consider applicants with limited availability for temporary work during our busy periods.
There will be an equal split between working on event sites all around the UK and a large ongoing installation project at our Wye Valley depot (40 minutes from Bristol and Gloucester).
This position offers highly competitive pay based on experience and licences, along with the chance to work on and participate in some exciting projects (including Glastonbury!).
To apply for this position, please fill in our online form. Or read on below to find more details about the personal profile we are looking for.
Individuals must be:
- Highly pro-active and physically fit.
- Willing to work long hours and in varying weather conditions when necessary.
- Strongly motivated and keen to learn more about the rigging/event industry or eager to improve their existing skills.
- Reliable and able to work as part of a team.
- Good level of English and ability to communicate in an open way at all times with all team members.
- Have a keen awareness of their own safety and the safety of those around them.
- Willing to travel with own transport.
- Able to stay consistent and cooperative in a demanding environment and in challenging situations.
BENEFICIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Plant/HGV/Trailer licences: e.g tele-handler, cherry picker, 7. 5 tonnes.
- Experience with reversing trailers.
- Ground surveying using triangulation.
- Mechanical repairs & maintenance.
- Loading and securing of kit to flatbed trucks.
- Correct handling and storage of high tensile fabrics.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Standard Full UK driving license is compulsory. If you are about to take your test you will be considered
- Minimum 6 months combined experience of any of the following:
- Temporary structure/marquee/SaddleSpan/tent crew/rigger work
- Tensile fabric installation
- Other rigger work
- Staging/steel deck work
- Ground work
- Tree surgery
- Steel erection
- Off shore sailing
- Any other heavy outdoor work